This is the fastest way to post, upload, write, tag, direct message, and comment on Instagram’s mobile app from your Mac or PC…
When I want to play, I use the Instagram mobile app. When I need to get stuff done, I use an Instagram for PC or Instagram for Mac app hack. Why? In the same way that using two monitors increases your work productivity 20-30 percent, this hack provides a similar time-saving advantage.
- Drag-and-Drop photos from your desktop folder to upload into Instagram.
- Copy/Paste captions from your desktop document (Google Doc, MS Word, Evernote, Scrivener etc…) into Instagram.
- Generate top-relevant Instagram hashtags on the fly so you don’t have to painfully research and enter them for each post—knowing how important hashtags are to increase your visibility on Instagram.
- Instagram DM (direct message) online like a boss through your computer by utilizing canned responses to quickly follow-up with new followers or outreach to influencers.
- Crush your Instagram comments by typing on your keyboard versus your mobile device. You could also copy/paste and slightly tweak your typical responses to save time.
- 1 How To Post On Instagram From A Laptop Mac or PC
- 2 1. Uploading Instagram Photos from Computer
- 3 2. Copy/Paste Instagram Captions from Computer
- 4 3. Quickly Tagging Instagram Posts from Computer
- 5 4. Instagram Direct Messaging (DM) Online
- 6 5. Commenting on Instagram Posts from Computer
- 7 Now Over to You…
How To Post On Instagram From A Laptop Mac or PC
To use Instagram’s mobile app from your desktop computer (MAC or PC), you’ll need to download a mirroring app. A mirroring app will let you see and control your mobile device from your PC or Mac computer.
After you’ve got a mirroring app set up on your computer, you can maximize your productivity on Instagram in five ways:
1. Uploading Instagram Photos from Computer
Drag-and-Drop photos from your desktop folder to upload into Instagram:
Not everyone takes photos with their phone and has their photos living on their mobile device. Sometimes you store photos from your DSLR camera on your computer or do some post editing in software like Photoshop on your computer.
If that’s the case, you’re going to want to quickly drag-and-drop the photo from your desktop computer to Instagram on your mobile device.
Of course, if you have desktop/mobile syncing set up (Google Photos, iCloud, or DropBox etc…) you could skip this step and just grab the photo from your phone.
2. Copy/Paste Instagram Captions from Computer
Copy/paste captions from your desktop document (Google Doc, MS Word, Evernote, Scrivener etc…) into Instagram:
If you write long captions like I do for an Instagram post (I write inspiring devotionals for fun), typing them into your Instagram mobile app is a pain. It’s much easier to copy/paste them from a desktop document like I show above in the animated image.
3. Quickly Tagging Instagram Posts from Computer
You can generate top-relevant Instagram hashtags on the fly so you don’t have to painfully research and enter them for each post:
After you’ve spent time crafting the perfect caption, the last thing you want to do is spend extra time thinking of the best tags for your post. However, you know how important hashtags are to extending your reach. That’s why using Top Tagger or Display Purposes in your desktop browser to generate top-relevant tags instantly and then copying/pasting them into your mobile device is a lifesaver.
4. Instagram Direct Messaging (DM) Online
Instagram DM online like a boss through your computer by utilizing canned responses to quickly follow-up with new followers, or outreach to influencers:
Copying/pasting from your desktop computer to Instagram direct messaging is awesome if you have follow-up responses that you send to new followers or templates when you outreach to influencers.
5. Commenting on Instagram Posts from Computer
Crush your Instagram comments like this cat by typing on your computer keyboard versus your mobile device.
Maybe I’m old-school, but I would much rather type with ten fingers then text with my two thumbs. If you get lots of comments on your Instagram posts, it’s sooooo much faster to respond to people on your computer keyboard versus mobile keyboard.
Now Over to You…
How will you leverage desktop/mobile mirroring to maximize your Instagram productivity? Comment by clicking here.